[tweetmeme source=”stickynotestory” only_single=false https://rebeccaenzor.wordpress.com/]
It’s meme day at SNS, since I haven’t done any memes in a while and I know I’ve gotten a few I haven’t passed on yet.
The first award was from my awesome critter Angela and I love it because it’s such a bright, happy green! Thank you Angela!
- Thank and link to the person who nominated me. (check!)
- Share seven random facts about myself. (see below)
- Pass the award along to 15 new-found blogging buddies. (I’m cheating)
- Contact those buddies to congratulate them. (will do!)
So, seven random facts about myself that I haven’t spoken of before:
1. I cannot straighten my pinkie fingers. Either of them. I was born with short tendons and the one time I did straighten one it hurt so bad! Then it popped back into crooked place and I was fine.
2. I hate mouths. They freak me out. I hate teeth whitening commercials and billboards and I think dentists are some of the creepiest people in the world. I could never have children because I couldn’t teach them to brush their teeth or check them for sore throats. Bleh.
3. I don’t want children anyways. I’m horribly absentminded and selfish, and I would probably neglect the kid. The dogs and cats, on the other hand, don’t allow me to sit still for more than five seconds before they are on top of me (I do realize that children would do this too, which is another reason I don’t want children :P)
4. Despite all that, I love two year olds. Terrible twos? No way. Best age ever!
5. I love eating the parts of animals that everyone else is scared of or grossed out by. The tongue, the liver, the sweetbreads and brains and blood and tripe! I will try just about anything once (not spiders) and my favorite food in the world is octopus, marinated in wine and olive oil and served cold.
6. I’m a Pagan, and Aleda really is my patron goddess. I couldn’t find any goddesses that fit perfectly with my world-view, so I made my own 🙂 Apollo is my patron god.
7. I also celebrate Fie Eoin’s Festivals. They all land on regular Pagan festival days, so it works out well (except the Warrior’s Ceremony, which is on my birthday! :P) The Festival of Aleda is on Imbolc (Feb 2nd) and Trina’s Day is Beltaine (May 1st).
Whew! That’s harder than you think. Especially since I’ve told seven random facts about myself a few times before.
The next award is the Memetastic Award, given to me by AM Simpson! Thank you AM!
■You must proudly display the award in a post. (done!)
■You must list 5 things about yourself and 4 of the 5 must be lies.
(your readers must guess which one is the truth)
■And you must then pass this prestigious award on, to 5 deserving bloggers.
So, four lies and a truth:
1. As I said above, octopus is my favorite food. But I can’t stand squid! Which is funny, because most people love squid (calamari) and would never try octopus.
2. I started writing because I played in a My Little Pony RPG when I was in college. I had to make up a backstory for my character and I never stopped writing after that.
3. I have a sapphire engagement ring because the entire rest of my family has sapphire engagement rings and I wanted to follow in their footsteps. Of course, their sapphires are all bigger and darker 😛
4. I hate the color pink and never wear it.
5. Although I eat brains I hate zombie films. I think it’s the lack of expression and/or emotion. Or maybe I’m scared I’m a zombie because I eat brains. Either way, not a big zombie fan. (I also hate vampires)
Can you guess which one is the truth?
And finally, I’ve been tagged by Misha with a little meme of questions!
1. If you could go back in time and relive a moment, what would it be? Probably my wedding day. It went by so fast, and I can barely remember any of it only five years later.
2. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be? I would have taken the advanced genetics lab in college, even if it meant having to change my schedule all around. I really wish I would have done that.
3. What Movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality? haha! I just had to answer this for a interview I’m doing on Cally Jackson’s blog next week! It’s a difficult question, and I decided on Gaius Baltar from Battlestar Gallactica. He’s not a good guy, or a bad guy, but he keeps getting lucky despite being wimpy and selfish, and in the end he shapes up and does what’s right.
4. If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be? Only one? Jim DeMint.
5. Name one habit that you want to change in yourself. I bite my nails constantly and they look awful. I’ve been trying to stop since I was a kid, but so far the only thing that has worked is wearing gloves in the lab all day. Now that I work in the data processing area I don’t wear gloves all day and I ruin my fingers.
6. Describe yourself in one word. Daydreamer.
7. Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word. Determined.
8. Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence. To connect with other writers and get my work out there.
9. Name at least three people to send this meme to. And inform them.
And as for the new bloggers from the awards above, I’m going to send you to the only new blog I’ve found and haven’t given an award to already. Although Amalia Dillin is taking a short blog hiatus, she’s got a lot of awesome mythology-related posts. I’ve really enjoyed reading her blog!
Other than her, check my sidebar! All of those blogs have earned awards from me at one time or another, and I love them all!