[tweetmeme source=”stickynotestory” only_single=false https://rebeccaenzor.wordpress.com/]
Jaime McHenry over at Faeries are Real put up an introduction post for the Campaign with links to old posts relevant to who he was as a writer, and I thought that was such a great idea that I’m stealing it from him 🙂
Many of you might know me as the girl who is writing the unpronounceable book, Fie Eoin (E-own), which is now known as The Nameless Warrior, or perhaps you found me through my My Little Pony obsession. Of course, you could be a fan of The Dark Tower series, writing-based Role Playing, or WoW. Maybe you like X-men, even though I haven’t posted about it yet. Or you could be a Tea Tree Oil worshiper, which I also haven’t posted about yet, although it probably rivals my MLP obsession (it is my Windex). Or maybe you don’t know me at all.
In that case, let me introduce myself 🙂 I’m Becka – I’m a nuclear chemist in Charleston, SC and I write whenever I can find a spare moment. I can write 335 words on a single 3×3 sticky note, and since I’m allowed to carry sticky notes at work that’s how I write most of my novels. See all those names just below the banner? Those are my books. None of them published yet – most of them haven’t gone beyond the rough draft stage during NaNoWriMo. I’m working on Fie Eoin (New Adult Fantasy) first, and then I’ll be changing gears to work on Apollo and Daphne, a contemporary YA re-telling of the Apollo and Daphne myth.
1. I love to talk about myself (duh, I have a blog) but when it comes to these facts about me I always draw blanks.
2. I’m slightly ambidextrous, which is convenient when I’ve broken my right collarbone and write all my stories by hand.
3. I broke that collarbone just after my 21st birthday when I came home from the bar and fell off hubby’s shoulders (he was still my boyfriend at the time). Needless to say, he’s not allowed to pick me up anymore 😉
4. I am not afraid of heights, but hubby is. That’s why I was on his shoulders, and he wasn’t on mine 😉 (also, I can’t pick him up :P). I love going across giant ravines on rope bridges and pretending I’m a bird. Hubs has to walk across them as quickly as possible or he hyperventilates.
5. When I was little I used to pretend to be a cheetah. I scraped holes in all my pants walking around on all fours hissing at people.
6. If you offered me a bowl of fruit or a bowl of ice cream I would take the fruit. I would take fruit over any dessert, although I dreamed of cookies last night…
7. I used to be obsessed with twins. I always wanted to have twins growing up, and in High School I had a friend whose name was almost the same as mine, so we became “twins”. That friend was a boy. We even got some of the teachers to believe us 🙂
8. Laundry is my absolute least favorite chore! I hate folding clothes. With a passion. I usually let them sit in the basket until hubs gets mad and makes me do it.
9. I’m a total foodie, but I can’t cook. I burned rice last week (seriously – how easy is rice?) but I can make quiche (and that’s about the only thing I can make). And yet I’m a chemist. Fear for my co-workers, world.
10. I will go to Apollo’s Temple at Delphi before I die. I have made this a life goal.