Happy Thursday, Aledan Merfolk! As you may have seen in my Custom of the Week post, I had food poisoning on Saturday, so I spent the day reading through everything I’ve already written for StO. I found a lot of weak spots, and it helped me figure out what needed to come next, so I was able to start writing again. I’m about to hit a REALLY BIG SCENE in which my mermaid gives my humans a giant middle finger, and then it should all be very fast-paced, downhill writing from there 😀
In an effort to make sure these scenes are as accurate as possible I had to contact PETA, which was kind of fun. I emailed them that I was writing a book about [it’s a surprise!] but didn’t mention the mermaids. They wrote back and said they’d need more info in order to help, so then I had to tell them about the mermaids. I’m sure they spent a good several minutes laughing when they received that email, but they wrote back with a very detailed response full of helpful advice! They even listed a couple things I hadn’t thought of, so I’m glad I emailed them even though I sounded like an idiot 🙂
#WriteMotivation is taking a break next month, but let’s see how I did on the final day of July:
- Actually finish the first draft of StO this month. For reals. Yeah, that didn’t happen. BUT, I’m very close! I’m hoping to finish the first draft by WriteOnCon.
- Start switching Erie’s POV in the first half of StO. This didn’t happen either. I’ll start once I finish the first draft (and most of the weak spots I noticed on my read-through were Erie parts, so this will help).
- Catch up on Science Tuesdays because I still haven’t done that… Hahahahahahahaha >.<
- Morning Swims! I’ve actually done really well with this one! I even went to yoga yesterday for the first time in months… which is why I didn’t swim this morning – I can barely move my arms 😛
- Don’t forget to cheer on the other bloggers. How is this seriously the hardest goal?
So not great, but not too terrible either. And honestly, the morning swims/getting healthy thing is probably the most pressing order of business, because it’s still beach season and this tummy needs to take a hike.
I also just realized that tomorrow is August, and I need to get everything ready for PonyFest14! I learned a lot last year, so there’ll be some changes coming to this year’s contest. And, of course, even more prizes! Get ready for the blog-takeover, Aledans 🙂